An education from Brilliant Minds Early Learning Academy is about allowing students to define success on their own terms by inspiring their love of learning, broadening their sense of responsibility, developing their critical thinking skills, and empowering them to take action in a global community. We do this using a Christ-centered approach, which is the foundation of everything we do. These are the ideals that we value, and they inform our teaching, learning and curriculum development each and every day.
We use the focus on learning styles and their role in the classroom came from Howard Gardner’s Multiple Intelligence research as a guide for teaching our students.
These intelligences are:
- Linguistic intelligence (“word smart”):
- Logical-mathematical intelligence (“number/reasoning smart”)
- Spatial intelligence (“picture smart”)
- Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence (“body smart”)
- Musical intelligence (“music smart”)
- Interpersonal intelligence (“people smart”)
- Intra-personal intelligence (“self smart”)
- Naturalist intelligence (“nature smart”)